what are some good activities to do?

Starting monday I will be watching a 5 year old boy with my 6 month old son. What would be some good activities to do that will keep the 5 year old entertained yet not to hard with a 6 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just take him to the park and let him play and walk the 6 month old in the stroller or let him play on a blanket....that is, if your city is cool enough. I live in Vegas, so Im locked in my house for the next 2 months. :(
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:14 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• bubbles. he can use different items to make bubbles ( fly swatter, six pack rings, etc) baby can enjoy them too,
    pretend to cook, pots and pans. More advanced measuring and scooping with the 5 year old ( you can use uncooked rice or cereal)....keep that away from the 6 month old
    the six month old can put blocks in and out of pans, turn them upside down...etc
    water play of any kind....sprinker and baby pool. supervise:)
    My kids are older, but they're 4 years apart and this is the stuff we used to do, worked like a charm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jul. 16, 2009