Somthing that just ERKS me

ok, so my sister, her son her husband, me and my son were at Dennys the otherday.
Her son is THROWING food, emptying the salt shaker EVERYWHERE and dumping food on the floor simply because he doesnt want it, and my sister and husband are laughing.
I told my nephew (3) years old, to get down and pick up his mess, and my sister threw a fit and said, he didn't have to it was the waitresses responsiblity, and that "boys will be boys" and they make messes.
Thou I agree that kids make messes while eating, I think that that also its my responsiblity to watch my child and when he starts throwing food to take it away, and make him pick up his mess, he can't throw food at my house, why is it ok at a resturant!?!
does ur children make a HUGE mess, and if so, do u make them pick it up, or do u step in and control the situation and once they start playing with it take it away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always cleaned up after my son and after others! This attitude of boys will be boys is a crock of $H!T! I have known parents (including my sister) say things like "Let them, they are just kids"! Hell no, they learn from their parents and if the parents let them do anything they will in fact DO ANYTHING!
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I always clean up after my son anywhere we go. It's not someone ele's job too, whether they work there or not. I would've gotten up and moved to a different table and not have been seen with people like that. Whether they were my sister or not.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I would have said something to my sister and if she didn't care to address it.. I would just clean it up myself... but that's just me...
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Or, you could've started throwing food at her and see how she liked it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• lol sara.... I might have to try that...
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I'm guessing you'll decline to have dinner out with them for a while yet. LOL sorry. Yes, of course you're right. Your sister is raising a baboon.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Throw food at her house because its not your home so its her job. Then maybe she'll see what you mean
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Small messes are ok, big messes aren't. However, parents can be so loud and so mean they are worse than kids making messes. They make threats of spanking and start counting ect. They are the one ones that really upset me.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• OKAY here is the only time i ever allowed a mess HAPPEN in my 22 years of parenting...
    My oldest was not even a year old and her dad worked at old country buffet...he never came to see her at home so I brought her to his workplace...now mind you his place was bus boy and cleaning the dining room!...so i would bring baby girl in and give her peas and mac-n-cheese to throw everywhere! ohh he hated it...but I didn't care!!!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• NO! my daughter was basically raised in restaurants being that i'm a server.... And although it is is our responsiblity to bus our tables we DO NOT like when the parents are watching the kids make an even bigger unnecessary mess...
    My friends had a table with a kid still in diapers (maybe 2 ish...) anyways when they left she noticed the kid had pooped and it leaked out everywhere on the seat and the parents SAW and hurried off... didn't even tell her! That is GROSS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jul. 16, 2009