Coming home outfits

Personally I think it is not all that important . I didn't care what my 1st DD wore home after she was born just as long as she was in a warm outfit since it was winter and I won't care about what I put our 2nd DD in when she is born in Oct. It seems like I am the only one that doesn't make a big deal out of it .

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 12:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It wasnt a huge deal. Honestly, we didnt even decide until she was born and husband loved a certain one. Thats what she went home in.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I had one planned for each but none of them fit. #1 was too long for the outfit, #2 it was the middle of july she came home in a onsie same with #3. lol

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:17 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I didn't make a big deal out of it. With my oldest, I had 2 different ones for depending on how cold it was the day she was coming home (she wore the thick fleece one, lol) and depending on how big she was (it ended up being a good thing, ROFL...she totally did not fit the newborn one!). With my youngest, she wore a cute Carter's romper dress onesie. I didn't make a huge deal out of getting the outfits, but I am saving them in their "special moments" boxes for when they're older :)
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My daughter got poop all over all of the clothes we brought for her, so she went home with us in the little t-shirt (not even a onesie!) that the hospital gave us and her diaper :p We didn't bring anything that fit, either... I was expecting an 8 or 9 pound baby (because I'm a big girl... 5'11" and I love me some carbs!) and she ended up being only 6 pounds (high blood pressure... gotta love it.. or not). So all the 0-3 month clothes we brought were way too big.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I am 34wks along expecting my first and thinking I should get my hospital bag ready and one for my baby boy as well. I was looking through the closet thinking what I am going to pack for myself and for my DS and thought, this is not going to be a fashion show of an event. And me personally I am all about appearance at times, but I'm more then sure I won't have the energy to look up to par after giving birth OR spending a night or two in a crappy hospital room. I am due August 24th and have two basic options for my DS to wear home. One being a simple footed sleeper and the other being a sleeping gown. Doesn't get any better then that. LOL! And if I run into the problem of he doesn't fit it then hey, onesie is it! You're not the only one who doesn't put much emphasis on the whole "going home" outfit thing.
    pink_callalily

Answer by pink_callalily at 1:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm due in 10 days and haven't packed my bag ye and just thinking about and outfit. I really don't care either but I do need to wash all his clothes! I work and am tired all the time but need to start cause time is ticking!
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 1:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My grandma had bought her an outfit and asked that it be her coming home outfit. It was a little big but the sentiment behind it was sweet so thats what we did. (:
    dolphinstar79

Answer by dolphinstar79 at 5:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• We didn't make too big of a deal about it, but I let my husband pick something out. He had fun with it. I'm sure like others said though, it probably won't fit anyways.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Some couples like to make it a huge production. My husband don't care what our little boy wears home as long as he's bundled up! I"m so excited, I can't wait!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2009