would u call social services

on a family memeber if you HONESTLY believed that the house they lived in was a health risk, and dangerious to her children?
like, pathways running from room to room, old moldy bug infested dinner plates everywhere, rotten food all over the floor, cords and wires and broken glass on doors and what not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I find it amuseing that all the proponents of goverment interference, are posting aonn. Just interesting.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 2:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• yes. what happens if no one is watching and a kid sticks something(glass, mold) into their mouths or falls and gets cut?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• im kinda torn on this one.

sometimes i think people should just mind their own business. i was in the system because someone called CPS on my mother. yea, she was doing drugs. but i always had the newest clothes, shoes, food in my mouth and a roof over my head. and i never ran the streets all night. she always knew where i was. my house was always clean and i never lived the poor, crackhead, roach infested life that others were living. but i was still put into the system.

i dont agree with a nasty, roach infested house where kids are growing up. yet, sometimes people have no idea and can end up making children's lives harder by sticking their nose into other peoples business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I would be more concerned with the reason it was like that. How depressed must a person be to be in that sort of enviornment day in and day out. Why don't you find out what is wrong and offer to help them clean their house prior to calling social services. How old are the kids? Are they so young that they put stuff in their mouths? Is the house this way becouse the mother is overwhelmed or is it that way becouse they are drug users? Calling social services is irrevocable and the mother would have a file forever. How would you feel if someone didn't agree with something you did and called social services on you? See if you can offer help before you devestate a home. Its the least you can do.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 12:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• um duh? best friend family member who cares those kids dont need to live in that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can call and not tell them who you are also
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• she is not deppressed, she has lived this way for YEARS even before the children were born, one is 2 one is a newborn. I have cleaned her house for her MANY times before, me and my parents make a day out of it, TOTALLY clean it, and its just as bad if not worse a few days later.
    Not to mention she is a SAHM.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• anon :22

yea but have you ever thought about how thats gonna affect the child?! sometimes it hurts more to take that child away from their parent then to just help the parent get on the right track.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• then she doesnt need to have them. i can see if she was at least trying. but if shes not trying, she doesnt need to have those kids. Cant help the children if shes not even helping herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Not in that situation. I mean it's bad but are the kids loved and cared for? Sounds like you know her well. Instead of bringing in CPS talk to her about your concerns. Maybe she just needs a wake up call. I also think she may be a little depressed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm torn on this one too.

I don't know what I would do! I really should call CPS on my sister, but I haven't yet. I just really try to stay away from her place and mind my own business. I do feel bad knowing what those children are living in/with. I don't know what a tough question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2009