hOW CAN I LOSE WEIGHT WHILE PREGO?

I HAVE GAINED 20 POUNDS AND ONLY 14 WEEKS WHAT CAN I DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't even try to loose weight while your preganant. Eat healthier than you have been, drink lots of water and walk. The rest will take care of itself.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 12:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't try to lose weight, just change your eating habits. Eat regular sized portions at meals and make sure you snack on fruits and veggies or something healthy. Try to eliminate empty calories if you can. Hope this helps!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:21 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Don't. It's not healthy for the baby. You can try to better control your weight gain, but make sure that you are still gettting adequate nutrition. You need to eat at least an extra 300 calories per day while pregnant, and that is EVEN if you ate more than "necessary" prior to getting pregnant.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• You don't even have to try to lose weight. Just eat less (you're obviously eating too much) and when you do eat, eat healthy.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Trying to lose weight during pregnancy is just plain selfish IMO. You need to take in an extra 300 calories a day during pregnancy and to cut back would mean you are depriving your unborn child of what it needs! Eat a little healthier and maybe slow down the weight gain but losing weight is a horrible thing to try to do when there is a life inside of you depending on you to help it grow
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• What Anon :29 said
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• do NOT try to lose weight! that is just horrible for baby, & that's who you need to be concerned with right now! i gained a little over what i should have so far, & now i have the flu...turns out because of the flu i lost a couple pounds & they had to monitor baby for a few hours & want me back ever couple days because that couple of pounds apparently is THAT detrimental, no matter how much you've gained already. just do what you can to MAINTAIN your weight for now, but remember you do need an extra intake of calories right now, don't skip out on them!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Trust me you do not want to lose weight, when I was pregnat both times I about got put on bed rest because I kept losing weight and I was not even tying, I was just eating VERY health and only when I was hungary so PLEASE do NOT try to lose weight it would be the worst thing for you and your baby .
    Tdaycare6678

Answer by Tdaycare6678 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Don't try to lose weight. Focus on eating healthy and in proper portions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• So if you've packed on the pounds from eating burgers and fries and pizza, then that is your problem. I've gained 35 lbs and I eat whatever I want. Sometimes I want salad and sometimes I want pizza. I would NOT lose any weight. I have 10 days to go till my due date and I will keep on eating because I want a healthy baby. Afterwards I will work the sh*t outta my stomach to make sure I get back in shape. If you do not follow advice and your kid comes out ill, blame no one but yourself. Pregnancy is about getting bigger, not smaller.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 1:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2009