Do you always say NO???

When your kid is curious in a grocery store about anything do you always say NO???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, that would kinda get annoying to the kid.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 12:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• No I don't lol. I try to be pretty consistant but their is always room for an occasional yes.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 12:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• No, my daughter is two and if she requests anything (within reason) I don't turn her down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• IF i take my kids to the store and IF they are good i will maybe get them a treat... but i dont take them often

and when i do they dont ask for things
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I always had to take mine to the store. I let them pick out a few things. Then I didn't have to say no. Ok you can decide which cereal, cookies etc. today.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 12:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I let ds help make decisions on what we are buying for the house. this makes it so he doesn't ask for things like toys/candy. also if I know I'm going by the toy section I will tell him you can play for x amount of time but we are not buying today. he plays I give him a heads up on how many more minutes then when its time to go I tell him to say good bye to the toys and that we will see them another day. very effective.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

Anonymous

• my son usually asks for green beans or broccoli and my daughter a banana at the grocery store, so i always say yes. But when we are at the other stores, we only go if the kids need new clothes, and then i let them pick out their outfits. they rarely want toys,
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• LOL - why deny him the opportunity to explore and learn about his environment. My son's learned a lot about the grocery store and is very familiar with it all (he could probably find stuff before I can at this point). Doesn't mean I give him whatever he wants and sometimes No is the appropriate answer, but mostly I allow him to explore or re-direct him to keep him focused on a task at hand (I don't always have time to lolly-gag at the store).
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• no. my child is allow to choose one item at the store, and suggest fruits and vegetables.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2009