what's a good sex position to bring on labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Position has nothing to do with it. The only reason sex "may" helped labor is because semen contains prostagladins. But, it ONLY works if your body is ready for labor. Nothing will happen if your body isn't ready.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• If you are trying to help naturally induce your labor, it isn't the position you have sex in that helps induce it.....it's the prostaglandins found in sperm that does the trick. So....any position is fine, just make sure he ejaculates inside you.
    LoveMyBabyB0y

Answer by LoveMyBabyB0y at 12:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm due in 10 days, I have cramps and hubby is out of town. I need to walk to help bring on labor or atleast so the baby will drop more. I'm 2cm dilated and 80 effaced! Ugh! I wanna have him already!!
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 1:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• deep penatration sometimes aggravates the cervix and helps.stay laying down for a while while the sperm pools on your cervix helps.If your mans gone( i know it sounds crazy)try sitting on a yoga ball and nipple stimulation.
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• MY DOCTOR TOLD ME TO WEAR CONDOMS A FEW WEEKS BEFORE YOUR DUE DATE INCASE YOUR WATER BREAKS. THAT WAY YOU DONT GET AN INFECTION. BUT WHO KNOW. WELL I TRY DOGGY STILL THE DIPPER THE BETTER. IT HELPS YOUR CERVIX TO OPEN. I TRYED IT AND 2 HOURS LATER MY WATER BROKE.
    adoradamia

Answer by adoradamia at 4:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• sex will only work if baby is ready to be born. the sperm helps SOFTEN the cervix. baby sends out hormones to tell your body to start labor. just relax and rest. baby will be out when he/she is ready
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I disagree about the only thing that sex does is soften the cervix from the sperm. It is a combination of things actually. Sperm does soften the cervix but a woman's orgasm also can cause contractions.
    I think the orgasm is more important than the sperm. But I do agree...nothing will happen until your body and baby are ready anyways. You just might get lucky and help jump start something that is happening anyways if you have sex at the right time.
    littleguys_rule

Answer by littleguys_rule at 9:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2009