does anyone have a kid that needs speech therapy

mrspatterson20

Asked by mrspatterson20 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My youngest son was in Speech therapy for years. My grandson also has speech therapy. My son just did not speak and when he did a little it was jibberish. My grandson has a large vocab. He just has articulation problems. Lots of kids have speech therapy for lots of different reasons. The sooner intervention for it begins the better it is for them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My dd is in speech therapy. She has been for three years and will go back when she starts school in the fall. She had fluid build up in her ears that was diagnosed late. After tubes and speech therapy she's doing better.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My 7 year old son has had speech therapy for the last 4 1/2 years,And my 3 year old son that doesnt say anything other than mom is about to start it.
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have two in speech therapy right now. One is 2 1/2 and the other is 3 1/2.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• my went for his 2 year check up...he can say 15 words now....but he int saying what a ormal 2 year old would be...he isnt dumb or anything, he just doesnt talk...but his doc is going to put him in speech
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• my son started speech therapy at 3. He's almost 13 now and just phasing out speech at school.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My three older children were all in speech therapy when they were young. My older two have autism, so they started speech therapy because they were late talkers. My younger daughter was diagnosed as developmentally delayed so she started speech therapy at 15 months - by the time she was 3 her speech was so clear, most people thought she sounded like a 5 or 6 year old. (the diagnosis went away - the drs said she was just imitating her brothers)

Answer by missanc at 1:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2009