After you had your baby did anyone expect their stomach to be instantly flat and skinny again?

I just had my first baby and knew that I would still look about 5-6 months pregnant right after I had him, so I packed accordingly and wore a "husband" t-shirt. I was required to go to a discharge class at the hospital and 10 of the other 13 women were wearing very tight shirts, that are not flattering to a belly that just got rid of a baby. One woman was crying and told the nurse she is too fat for all the clothes she brought with her to the hospital. A couple of other women said the same thing, they thought that they would immediately be able to wear their pre-pregnancy clothes after giving birth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I knew. I over-packed and brought tons of clothes w/ me. The problem was - all the clothes I brought were for the baby! (haha!!)

I knew that my stomach would be still big because my doctor warned me.

Just remeber about the women who were crying - hormones are at their highest when you give birth - so be kind. :( I feel sorry for them.

lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• The bigger you are the better chance you have of fitting in your prepregnancy clothes.I worked with a lady who walked out of the hospital in her prepregnancy clothes. I didn't think I was going to be skinny right away, but I was unprepared how fat I still was;( I weighed 155lbs after I had my baby. What a nightmare!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Well, my due date is in 10 days. I have put on 35 lbs and I am STILL wearing my pre-preg shirts (not pants) but they are like very snug but they are stretch so its ok. I am sure I will still be with a belly but it should get better in 2 wks if I wear a post-preg belt. I hope! I will take pictures tho.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 1:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• We can think the media for this one. Glamorizing all the celebrity moms who look 'perfect' a week after having their babies. It's sick. When I got married one of my bridesmaids went for her dress fitting about a week after her baby was born (took the baby with her) and she is tiny. It only takes her a few days to get back to normal. and the lady at davids bridal actaully told her she needed to lose more weight. People just set their expectations way to high. Theres no way a stomach that grows that much can instantly shrink.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• right after i had my baby i was the same size my tummy was how it was pretty much, only thing thos if befor i got preggos i had a a barly there 4 pack. then i had my baby and it was just flat lol i thought my tummy was funny cuz i had the pulled skin yea know cuz this was right after i had my baby and it was soft and very movable and then by the time i went home my skin was pretty much back to nomal but no 4 pack not even close just looked like a normal belly. i never had to wear the preg-pants i was a size 1 in juinor and by the time i was ready to have the baby i was a size 3 juinor i only moved up 1 size after i had the baby i was still a size 3. i wore the low jeans so my belly just kinda fit over them
    de_sly

Answer by de_sly at 3:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I had a c... but two weeks later I was flat!! My hubby brought my stuff because I had no bag packed or even thought about! He brought me my sweats and sweatshirts!! Now I just have to tone!! Still, 20 mos later I can't do my 200 situps without major pain and soreness on that scar!!! She was breech... and they didn't know until my water broke. Working on getting my 2 pack back!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:21 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• With my first I packed bigger clothes but I was able to go home and wear my pre pregnancy clothes. With this one I am 34 weeks and I am still in all of my pre pregnancy clothes so I have been surprised and another poster said if you are bigger you have a better chance of wearing your pre pregnancy clothes and while that may be true, I'm not that big, I actually think I'm average.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009