TMI WARNING......MEDICAL QUESTION.....ADULT CONTENT..NEED HELP

I choose to put the title in all caps not to yell or be a smart ass but to let it be clear that I issued a warning as to this post's content.....

Now I just found out that I have my first adult Yeast Infection.
Questions....

1.Can they be prevented?
2.Best way to treat?
3. Once you get one do they get more frequent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Health

• bio - k+ original dip a tampon in and insert it leave in for a few minutes 10 -15 cultures will eat at at the yeast
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:00 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I don't have all the answers you seek. I just want to comment, I just had my first real one ever. I had them "Suggest" or diagnose them before, but they are truly unmistakable. I was miserable. I tried the suppositories and had a reaction to them so went to my doctor and got a prescription. It was horrible and I feel for you. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I only had 1 in my life, while I was pregnant. Have you been wearing synthetic material underwear? It's gross but yes your vag. area does sweat and when you wear synthetic material all the moisture makes it easier to get a yeast infection. Prevent it by wearing cotton undies, and possibly more airy/looser pants/skirts. If you get it toatlly cleared, like by completing the whole course of treatment it shouldn't come back(unless you do something to make it come back) Oh wearing a wet bathing suit for a long time can cause it too.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• 1. Yes, with ample probiotics.  Eat more yogurt.

2. A single drop of tea tree oil on a tampon will clear up yeast and other vaginal infections.  This is NOT comfortable, and if you're extra sensitive dilute the tea tree first.  Once the stinging goes away you're fine to take it out, wash up, and you should be good to go.  Also avoid sugars and white flour like the plague as these fuel the condition.  I've also heard of and tried plan yogurt on a pad, and that's soothing but less affective.

3.  Not if you're eating right.

jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 1:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I hate them. I am miserable when I have one. I douche with vinegar & water when the itching first starts. (You can buy them in the feminine aisle.) It helps restore the acidic balance. I have to stop eating or drinking anything with flour or sugar in it for at least 2 - 3 weeks. If it is a really bad case, I have to use Monistat to get rid of it. Taking acidophilus capsules 1 - 2 per day helps to restore the balance in the intestines. I didn't douche when I was using suppositories.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• FYI....some yeast infections are SEXUALLY CONTRACTED....you need to let you SO or DH know about it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• This one is NOT sexually contracted. The doctor told me that type was RARE and more common in relations where there are multiple partners in short time spans.
    I have been with my Husband for 13 years and he is my one and only sexual partner EVER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Since I have gotten older (ie late 30's) Ive gotten them more frequently since my hormones have started changing. My GYN prescribes me Diflucan. I take one, and three days later I take another dose. It takes about 24 hours to start feeling relief of symptoms and then about 7 days to be completely cleared up but that is what works best for me.
    I would suggest too as someone said, start eating yogurt more, with live active cultures in it.
    Also, what was said, you and your dh can transfer it back and forth, so if you and he have been intimate since you have had this, have him get a dose of Diflucan too. Also, until you are cleared up, do not have intimate relations.
    Yeast thrives in warm, moist environments, so getting out of hot, sweaty clothes quickly, wearing cotton lined underwear, and getting out of wet bathing suits is a good idea.
    Good luck! I understand your problem!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:23 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• for treatment, monistat 7 is the best. for prevention; wear cotton undies; don't douche; don't wash inside your labia (it really is self cleaning); avoid simple carbs.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2009