Wiccan...What is it exactly?

I know there has to be some moms that practice wiccan. So I am curious what is it exactly? What do you believe in? Is it like witch craft or something?

I am curious. I will delete this if it becomes a bashing post. Feel free to PM me if you feel more comfortable during than answering here. I would really like to know.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 1:27 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, Wicca is not witchcraft. You can be Wiccan and not be a witch. Witchcraft is a practice not a religion. Wiccans are polytheist that revere nature. Wicca has Pagan roots with some Eastern philosophies and practices. It is a very peaceful path that holds dear their foundation of "Harm ye none"

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Nice answer pnwmom, when I saw the question I thought it would be easier to explain why the sky is blue! lol
    I agree though, you can be Wiccan and not be a witch. I, however, am a Witch, but I am not Wiccan. Now you're completely confused, right? If you are really interested, we have a group on here that is for ending religious intolerance. You can find the group by either running it through the 'find group' thing, or feel free to find it through the groups on my page. We have mom's of different religions that want to spread the feeling of being respectful of others faiths and beliefs.
    Good nite to all!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 2:21 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• As these ladies have covered Wicca is one of MANY Pagan paths. Like Catholic is to Christian, Wiccan is to Pagan... Being a witch simply means you practice Witchcraft. There are pleanty of people in every religion (Yes, even Christianity) that are witches. Wicca is a nature based religion. They are Polythiestic (God & Goddess), Celebrate the turning point of the year and the points between... THey hold nature and all things in it to be sacred. And are a very peace loving people.

There is a lot to it, and hard to put in this little box. IF you would like the long version and to have any questions answered - Bash Free- Join us at www.cafemom.com/group/EndReligiousHate and there is a post there all about wicca... 

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My husband is wiccan. As of what he told me he belives in all the elements. That you get your energy from them. I dont understand alot of it and im trying to learn more about it but thats a work in progress lol. But he belives in the mother earth giah(spelling is wrong im sure lol) He belives that he has a guardian and he has blessed our home to prevent evil spirits from entering although we just had on in the house i posed about it. But there are many variations of the religion like many other religions as a PP has said. If you get any information that was helpfull to you please message it to me so i can learn more about it. Thanks =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Thank you so much ladies. Neither my husband or myself are religious. We just can't seem to "fit" into anything. Mainly because of our personal beliefs. But we do believe in some of the things that you moms have mentioned. We believe nature and everything in it to be sacred. We believe we have gaurdians and we believe in the supernatural. My husband has also blessed our home because I accidentaly invited something in. (long spooky story).

I will be seeing you in the group.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 12:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Hooray, the first HAPPY conversation I think i have read involving Wicca on here yet!
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Well everyone above have answered so nicely that I guess I will just say...

"I hope you find the answers you seek"

Blessed Be
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2009