• In the Spotlight:

will I go soon????

had my doc. appt. today she said I was a streatchy 3 cin. meaning if she tried she could make it a 4 its really streatchy. I'm 50% effaced, and she could touch the baby's head, but she hasn't dropped yet, are these all signs Im almost there, and anything I can do to help it along?

blueeyes_1818

Asked by blueeyes_1818 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're well on your way. 3 cent. and 50% effaced means it's most likely you're in latent labor. Most likely, you'll start breathing a bit heavier and you may not be able to sleep even if you're tired. Also, check the potty for "bloody show" each time you pee. If you see any trace of blood in the toilet or T.P. after wiping, it's about that time. Trust me, you WILL know your first real contraction. It will feel like a really, really severe period cramp except it will stop you in your tracks; meaning you can't talk, can't walk while it is happening. As SOON as that first one comes, get on your way to the hospital. Oh, and if you're worried that progress is taking too long, not sure if this will work but it did for me. Stand up with hands on hips and slowly lean forward, side to side and slightly backward over and over again (unless it hurts too much.) It helps to bring baby down the birth canal. Best of luck & hope this helps!!
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 2:14 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• yes its almost time but if you want it to come like now have sex. i know what im telling you. with my daughter i was going to get induce on monday i had sex (doggy still) and 2 hours later my water broke. that way you dont get the potocine that s*** hurts. but just breath thru each contraction dont think about the next one take one at a time. its not that bad if you dont get scared and have control. i didnt take any breathing classes and i didnt have to get medication. but when i had my son (i got induce) i had to get demeral. GOOD LUCK
    adoradamia

Answer by adoradamia at 4:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i don't want to get your hopes up, but some people can be at 4-5 cm for weeks. if you're trying to speed up the process, nothing will work unless the baby is ready. just take your time, and rest before the baby comes
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm trying to keep my daughter in for at least another week and Dr's orders were strict bed rest, no sex, no lifting, no driving, no orgasms because they cause the uterus to contract, no nipple stimulation (which also starts the uterus to contract). Fyi the last two definitely work because I had to cut short playtime with the hubby last night :( Oh and walking around like shopping and what not definitely a no no. All these things have put me in preterm labor. So there you have it, get started and good luck!!
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 8:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• You don't need to help anything along. You will go into labor when your body and the baby is ready when all the hormones for labor begin. And stop getting checked. It doesn't tell you anthing useful, because you can walk around like that for weeks while someone else will be completely closed until the moment of transition. Let nature do what she does best.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm 38 wks, 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced (as of yesterday) and I've been having lots of cramps, baby keeps pushing down which causes me to get a quick pain that stops me from doing what I'm doing: either working, typing, talking, laughing, or even breathing! I do not have my hopes up because I can be 2 cm past my due date (which is in 10 days). You will know it's coming when you get that first major contraction that will leave your a$$ psyched the hell out! I remember me and my cousin were at the mall and she was about to grab a shirt when she dropped her purse, phone, drink and was like breathing heavily and said her stomach hurt REALLY REALLY BAD. I picked up her things, asked the guy if he has something to carry her to the car cause she couldn't even walk. Sure enough, she was in labor and had the baby the next day. WAIT A MINUTE! SHOPPING! Hell, I'm going SHOPPING THIS WEEKEND!!!! LOL. If my body is ready, he'll come.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 9:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2009