Has anyone had shingles while pregnant?

I am 37 weeks on friday and just found out i have shingles. I has a two year old at home with me and am scared of how id pass it. im worried about the baby see dr tomorrow for a second opinion but was wondering if anyone has been through this!

heathledgergurl

Asked by heathledgergurl at 1:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you heard of pups? It is a rash like shingles and a lot of doctors aren't even aware of it. Most of them have to ask another doctor about it. You normally get it the last few weeks of your pregnancy and a few days after delivery it goes away. Very itchy and sometime stings. I had it on my belly and my friend had it all over her body. It is found in the baby's DNA, caused by baby. and leaves when baby does. They aren't sure why or anything but that is what it is..PUPS or PUPPS
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 3:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• yes i had them at about seven months they were very painful and i still have scars on my side from them . luckily they gave me a cream that worked
    lizzysmom83

Answer by lizzysmom83 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2009