What should I do about this message? Thanks.

Okay, I know this sounds completely ridiculous. But the only serious relationship I've ever been in is with my DH! I love him dearly and am happy with him.

However, a boy (sorry he's 23 and I will be 35) sent me a message telling me I was sexy. Truthfully, if what he wrote passes as a pick up, I feel bad for people who are dating. Anyhow, I started to delete it, but then I thought maybe that would seem rude and maybe I am reading too much into it, especially since it sounded so hokey! Should I maybe say Thanks for the compliment, married, etc? I never take anyone who expresses an "interest" (if that's what this is) in me seriously. I always assume its a joke of some sort which is a left over hurt from when i was 12. Actually, from what I am told I am attractive, I just don't understand why someone "picks" me. Anyhow, if DH finds out, it will upset him. Should I just delete it? (cont.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• ur reading into it too much. whether u delete or keep it, doesnt change the fact that ur married and not interested. I dont think u should send a mesage back, because in a way ur egging the guy on. just like u said, he obviously sees that ur married. so y spend time writing him abt y ur not interested.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 3:03 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• OP: He's not going to get angry upset, but it would bother him a lot. We've had a rough few years and are now back on track so I don't want to derail that. But yet, I feel like I often just am sort of mean because of what happened when I was a kid. Even DH said one of the things that made him "pick"me was my ice princess facade! I honestly don't remember him saying hi the first time, but he said I looked through him basically. Dh thought I was a b**ch. LOL I don't want to be the ice princess, but yet, there's no real reason for this kid to want to talk to me, unless its either a joke or he's really bored. My profile clearly states my status and that I have kids, and my age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Uh...why are you even questioning if you should delete it or not?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I would just take it as a compliment and delete it. There is no sense in telling your husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• So, I am not reading too much into it and deleting it (which was my first inclination) is what you would all do? I just want to make sure, that I am not over reacting by deleting it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• It is interesting you wrote this tonight. I had gone to the park and some guys were staring at me. I could tell from thier expressins they were "interested" to say the least.
    I DON'T GET IT. I am a fat middle aged mom. I do have big boobs. I had to look around to see what they were looking at. It was wierd. I don't see myself as hot (AT ALL). My hubby says I am.

I would delete the message, but I can understand your feelings of wanting to keep it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Okay, the thing is I don't want to keep it! Anything like that makes me feel sort of sick to my stomach actually! I hate dealing with anything like this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Then stop going over it again and again and delete it already. It's not helpful to you or your husband to stew over this. Delete, ignore, so long! Guys that will just randomly tell a woman she's sexy are not interested in her, just in what they can possibly get from her. Delete the message and walk away. Just forget it ever happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Whats the obsession with this? Just laugh and delete it. Whether its a kid playing a joke or being real, it doesnt matter. Youre married and youre not interested. I do very much understand your comments about being picked on younger in life so you wonder how anyone could ever be interested in you. I know that feeling all too well. Its an insecurity in your life that isnt healed. I look in the mirror and I see an attractive person. As a child, i was heavy and ugly, with acne and I dressed terriblly. Now, as a 32 yr old mother of 4, I am much thinner, I dress very trendy, my hair is always done and I usually dont go out without makeup. Now that its summer, my skin is brown..ect, so I know that I am attractive, but if someone shows interest in me, I automatically revert back to that 12 yr old child and think they are making fun of me. Or I have also done the opposite and liked the attention TOO much. Just delete it and move on.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Why would the 23 year old boy have your cell # anyway...your'e married!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2009