Back to the beginning..

My relationship is falling apart, day by day. My boyfriend of 2 years was perfect when we started. After a while bumps along the way, we got this far. Now I'm at the point where I'm doing everything I can to keep our relationship going and he's just laying back. He barely calls, I'm almost always the one the calls. And a lot of times he hangs with his boys or whatever and complains when I'm with my girls. He hates talking on the phone, therefore I talk to him for not even 20 mins a day (if I don't see him). I've tried talking to him but he doesn't think of it as a big deal. To me it is !I really want to go back to where we were when we first started.. How can I get there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Do you really want to know??? Look as hard as this might sound to you and believe me, I've been in your shoes many times... Break up with him. I know! Sorry! I know it sounds hard and I know you love him and that u can't seem to find it in your heart to break up with him, but trust me u have to. For one, if it seems as u lost intrest in him he will come back around.. Second, if you stay in this relationship you will only waste your time.. All I can say is that if he really loved you he would do whatever possible to be with you, talk to u and see u.. Don't take excuses anymore, dump him... Move on.. I was in ur shoes many times and many years later I tell you it's not worth ur energy with this guy.. Just from what u wrote he sounds like an A-hole.. Respect urself and leave him.. ... I hope you do whats right for you.. The heart is not always right..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• What would happen if you stopped calling him so much? Would he drift away or would he pick up the slack if you stopped? In the beginning we all make an "effort to impress the other person." He's just stopped impressing you because the hard parts done, your "his". To some extent its natural. Still you need to reassert your boundaries and see what happens. I am not saying to stop calling him, but maybe back off to every other time. A good book for learning boundaries and funny to boot is the book "What Southern Women Know About Flirting!" Awesome read, just for fun to tell you the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i broke up wih my ex and suddenly he realized his friends werent as importnant anymore. he started calling and tryna c me. everythg i complained abt to him he suddenly started doing, i thought he wasnt listening but he heard it. but to him I wasnt goin anywhere so he didnt have to try. I put my foot down and he came running. sad but true, that made him appreciate and miss me. it took him a wk and a half to figure out i was serious abt it being over. that might be the case here, and if he doesnt come to u then he wasnt into it any way
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 2:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• The previous posters are soooo true!
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 7:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• FOLLOW UP

i tried what #3 did.. and he did come back.. he was perfect the first couple of days
    and then he went back to his normal, "too cool for me"

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2009