Have you been following the swine flu epidemic?

Just curious to see how many people are keeping thier eyes on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• When pigs fly....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• No. If it gets to me there is nothing I can do about it. I try to focus on good health and happiness.
    Anonymous

• http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/50899722.html 

Read the doctor's comments. :(

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• There was a case of it near me but tomorrow night they are spraying the surrounding areas for them! THANK GOD! No mosquitoes for the next month!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:16 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Holy cow....west nile is spread by mosquitos not swine flu......swine flu is the one they said was like the regular flu.....only it is killing again.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• take tons of vitamin d the natural flu fighter and vitamin c to boost your immune system its only gonna get worse in the fall
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 5:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Good grief. The typical flu kills many more than the swine flu. I'd worry more about that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I haven't been lately, because it's summertime and people are mostly outside, the warm weather and such makes it harder to catch, but I think we'll see a resurgence of this strain or a stronger strain come fall/winter when people are cooped up more--just like the regular cold/flu season.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• The death rate is .006 in confirmed cases. Pretty darn low, and if you follow the CDC estimates that 1 million Americans have already been exposed, the death rate is even lower.

Yes, the virus could mutate to something stronger, but it is also just as likely to mutate to something milder. You are more likely to die in a car accident on the way to the doctors office than you are to die from swine flu.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2009