How devoted are you as a Christian?

Were saved by grace but God still expects us to give up our wills and live for Him everyday,do you do that?I should say my churches says were saved by grace but the more I read the Bible I see we are to do good deeds to show our love to Jesus and when we do that we will be saved by gracebecause in John 3;16 it says God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son,that whosoever believeth IN HIM has Eternal Life.IN HIM means you are living for Him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am very devoted to my God. The Bible says, "faith without works is dead" (James 2:20) If we love Him we will obey Him in all things. Obedience is the truest form of worship. Obedience requires sacrifice and maybe even giving up people and/or things we love. I've lost "friends" and even family over Christ's message and that is okay! Jesus said, "I come not to bring peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. " (Matthew 10:36) I believe Paul said it best:

"Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ." (Philippians 3:8)

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:03 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Jesus says; Repent of your Sins and be Saved.For me when I came to Jesus I lived a pretty isolated life so I didn't know what my sins were.I mean I lied and I stealed and that was bad enough to get me sent to Hell but as I got out into the world more I became sexually active with my boyfriend and then I was really sinning.I stopped the relationship because I wanted Jesus again and there was no way I could have both, it was either sex or Jesus and I wanted Jesus.It was painfully hard for me to give up my boyfriend but thankGod He brought my husband into my life right after that.But I had a chance to see what it means to repent of your sins.I'm now trying to live in Holy Spirit and let Him run my life.When I pray and read my Bible He gives me the patience,Love,kindness,and self control I need to have when dealing with difficult people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• We are saved by the grace of God when we have faith in His saving power. It is not through anything we can do - Not by works of righteousness. But we are to do good things. This won't save us, it is a testimony to God and others that we have a saving relationship with Him. We can do nothing in our own power to be saved, it is only the power of God. However, that doesn't mean we just sit back for the ride once we are saved. We are to "work out our salvation" meaning that we are to produce good fruit for God.
    I sure hope I'm making sense. It's late and I'm starting to repeat myself! E-mail me if anyone has further questions.
    SewingVeronica

Answer by SewingVeronica at 2:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I guess not very. I mean I asnwer quetions on this forum, say grace before each meal and bedtimes prayers for each kid and myself. But I still play World of Warcraft and I enjoy the stories tht have magic in them like Harry Potter and the like. I wear form fitting clothes and sometimes a necklace. I also wear makeup and like my hair to be highlighted. I don't help the hungry or the poor, I donhave the money to and I don't pay tithe. I don't go to church every Saturday and I believe that Halloween can be used as a time to help spread God's message,but I feel my real motivation is to let my kids participate in a way I won't feel bad to let them. I don't see harm in listening to non religiouse music and going to theatres. I don't se harm in wearing of oants and cutting of hair short. I have a few sexualt practises in my marriagetaht has been maybe condemned in the bible, roleplaying with handcuffs and oral sex. I'm lazy so not ok
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yes i do.. I threwaway all the movies I knew that i should not be watching.. I got rid of all my clothes that i should not be wearing.. I do try my best to help the poor and everyone that needs help in life i try to show them Jesus.. I want people to see Jesus in me.. Its not about me i have to put all my selfish ways behind me and forces on Jesus Christ and getting people saved before its to late... Satan trys to get our minds of the Lord but if you surround yourself with the word and but all the worldly things behind God will bless you.. I had to do that.. It was hard but i don't watch anything that has sin in it or that is not of God...But we all sin and we have to ask God to forgive us every night before we go to sleep cause no sin will enter into the Kingdom of heaven.. :) I do want people to see Jesus in me.. I try so hard...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:18 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm a sinner saved by grace,and for that I can never thank my Lord and Savior enough. All I can do is live for Him everyday. Help advance the kingdom of God daily, and share what He can do for a person with others. I'm living proof (literally,because I was suicidal when Jesus saved me) that God can and does transform lives in ways we could never imagine. So, to answer the OP's question, I am a VERY devoted Christian. God saved my life,then He saved my soul. He gave me life,then He gave me life everlasting. God is everything to me,and I'm nothing without Him.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• The problem with the 'grace' message that all Christian churches talk about,it's wonderful to know but I don't believe it because there's so many other scriptures in the Bible that says we have to do things in order to be saved.I often wonder if our churches are lying to us,why would they lie?Because the true Salvation message of the Bible is hard, harsh,rude,threatening,depressing,and people don't want to hear that!So they take maybe one or two scriptures that says we are saved by grace and they go with that,instead of teaching us ALL the scriptures that says we have to walk the straight and narrow,we have to give up our lives for Christ,you will rarely hear this preached in the churches.I believe I'm saved by grace as long as I do good works and that means DYING to myself everyday,taking up my cross and following Jesus.How do I do that?I have to pray daily,so that I'm filled with His Holy Spirit then He gives me power.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Power to do impossible things.I will have patience for my husband and children.I will be come more loving and kind because this is the personality of Jesus and it's Gods will that ALLChristians are filled with the Holy Spirit so their lives will glorify God but our churches aren't teaching us these things because we are in a spiritual warfare and their is a power struggle between God and Satan and Satan is trying to decieve and lie to even Christians and our pastors have a major battle to face everytime they're up there preaching.Can you imagine if you believed the true salvation message, you wouldn't have a job?The only time I learned anything about being a TRUE CHRISTIAN was at a good church I went to for a little while before it got corrupted and THEN I opened up the Bible for myself and what I saw in there SCARED ME! That's why I hate Christian churches because they lie to me,they are so CAUGHT UP IN THE GRACE MESSAGE .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• All Christians need a church to go to and they are good in every other department but they won't tell you that you have to do good works because they BELIEVE IN THE GRACE MESSAGE.Now I believe we are saved by grace but we are required to do good works,this is what the Bible says.I've been told a million times we are saved by grace not of works lest anyone should boast but that is only a handful of scriptures that says that,there's many more that says otherwise.Like this scripture;Jesus said,anyone who follows me will be like a tree producing good fruit but then he talked about a bad tree that didn't produce good fruit-fruit means joy,love,patience,kindness and self control a little of what I mentioned because someone is living in the Holy Spirit and they are edifying God with their life.Well Jesus said;this bad tree was a servant=Christian and he was thrown into a pit of fire=Hell because he wasn't living for Christ.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2009