Did you ever suffer from PPD ? If so what were your symptoms?

I have just reciently Suffering from PPD I just had my 3rd child..just 5 weeks ago.. what were your PPD Symptoms? what did you experiance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just couldn't be happy - I had the beautiful baby girl I had dreamed of most of my adult life but I couldn't enjoy her. I just wanted to sleep all the time. When I was awake, I'd just want to cry all the time. I started having "anger attacks" where I would just fly into a rage. It was awful! I sought help, was put on medication for a little over a year, and am doing MUCH better now. I wish I'd enjoyed my baby's first year but at least I'm enjoying her now!

Get help! PPD is one of the most under-reported problems. There is NO reason for a woman to suffer through this alone. You did nothing wrong, you are NOT a bad person or a bad mother. You're body is simply not recovering properly. You'd get help if your body couldn't process sugar properly (diabetes) - get help for this! Your kids don't need Wonder Woman for a mom, they need YOU for a mom.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I didnt want anything to do with the new baby, if i was left along with him i felt like i was having and anixety attack and i felt like i could give my oldest enough time i didnt want anyone around me all i wanted to do was sleep and i never had any energy
    WvMommyof3

Answer by WvMommyof3 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I did after the birth of my second child. I couldn't sleep, even when he started sleeping through the night. I just wasn't happy, even though I had 2 beautiful healthy children and a wonderful husband. I worried about everything.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I'm still suffering from PPD and my baby is almost 6 months. Please get professional help. I thought I could get through it on my own (I'm not into taking meds) but my dep. just got worse. I was constantly tired to the point of not even leaving the house in a week or more. I felt sad and hopeless, I felt lonely, frustration, my short term memory is completely shot to hell, and a few other things but I don't want to ramble. What you need is support from your family and a therapist.
    BelizeanMama

Answer by BelizeanMama at 3:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I was down and depressed. I didn't feel connected to the baby at all. I missed my "old life" (first baby). I cried a lot. I was angry sometimes. I just felt disconnected and out of it. I spoke to my OB and got meds and have been much better since. It was awful. Don't wait it out - call your doctor!
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Visit the group Moms with Postpartum Depression for advice on this. The ladies in that group are very helpful and can answer all of your questions.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2008