Did you ever suffer from PPD ? If so what were your symptoms?

I have just reciently Suffering from PPD I just had my 3rd child..just 5 weeks ago.. what were your PPD Symptoms? what did you experiance?

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just couldn't be happy - I had the beautiful baby girl I had dreamed of most of my adult life but I couldn't enjoy her. I just wanted to sleep all the time. When I was awake, I'd just want to cry all the time. I started having "anger attacks" where I would just fly into a rage. It was awful! I sought help, was put on medication for a little over a year, and am doing MUCH better now. I wish I'd enjoyed my baby's first year but at least I'm enjoying her now!

Get help! PPD is one of the most under-reported problems. There is NO reason for a woman to suffer through this alone. You did nothing wrong, you are NOT a bad person or a bad mother. You're body is simply not recovering properly. You'd get help if your body couldn't process sugar properly (diabetes) - get help for this! Your kids don't need Wonder Woman for a mom, they need YOU for a mom.

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I didnt want anything to do with the new baby, if i was left along with him i felt like i was having and anixety attack and i felt like i could give my oldest enough time i didnt want anyone around me all i wanted to do was sleep and i never had any energy

Answer by WvMommyof3 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I did after the birth of my second child. I couldn't sleep, even when he started sleeping through the night. I just wasn't happy, even though I had 2 beautiful healthy children and a wonderful husband. I worried about everything.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I'm still suffering from PPD and my baby is almost 6 months. Please get professional help. I thought I could get through it on my own (I'm not into taking meds) but my dep. just got worse. I was constantly tired to the point of not even leaving the house in a week or more. I felt sad and hopeless, I felt lonely, frustration, my short term memory is completely shot to hell, and a few other things but I don't want to ramble. What you need is support from your family and a therapist.

Answer by BelizeanMama at 3:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I was down and depressed. I didn't feel connected to the baby at all. I missed my "old life" (first baby). I cried a lot. I was angry sometimes. I just felt disconnected and out of it. I spoke to my OB and got meds and have been much better since. It was awful. Don't wait it out - call your doctor!

Answer by elwalters77 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Visit the group Moms with Postpartum Depression for advice on this. The ladies in that group are very helpful and can answer all of your questions.

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2008