When did/will you move your baby into a toddler bed/convert their crib into a toddler bed?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Every child of mine was ready at a different age,but i always switched them as soon as they would try to climb out of the crib.
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 3:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• 14 mos I switched my baby into a toddler bed. She loves it still at 20 mos and the reason I switched her was because she was getting tangled in the bars... when I went in to get her, her legs/arms were purple at times!! She has fallen out once and absolutely loves her bed!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:17 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My oldest had just turned 2 when she moved to a toddler bed because we needed the crib for her 10 month old brother.
    He used the crib until he was 26 months then started climbing out. He went to a twin mattress on the floor (it was already in his room so it worked).
    My middle daughter then got the crib (she was already 7/8 months old). She used it until she was 2 1/2 and then we converted it to a toddler bed.
    My youngest never had a crib. She slept in the pack n play until she was 23 months old and now has a junior bed from ikea (longer but narrower then a toddler bed). She's 3.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2009