laundry detergent for babies

I was wondering if any of you have used the Purex Baby laundry detergent. I noticed it it only about $4.00 compared to Dreft, which is around $16.00 at the store closest to me. Have you used both, and have you found the Purex to be gentle enough? Thanks. :)

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 2:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I STILL use dreft 20 months later... if I would have known better, I would have used Purex! Dreft is about $8.00 on base so it's a lot cheaper, but Purex where I live is about $5.00. However, my understanding, it is the same thing! If I could start over, I'd use purex or anything fragrance free really! And I would not have used it this long! My mother convinced me it was the only way to go..... it's NOT! Use purex, your baby will be fine!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I used to use dreft. Honestly, you can use whatever you use for your clothes. Any baby website will tell you that. Don't waste your money. Use the cheaper stuff or the stuff you use on your own clothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Any and I mean ANY no color added no fragrance detergent will be fine. :)
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 3:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I appreciate the help! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2009