Did you have a good childhood?

I had a horrible childhood. I feel like it made me a better person, definitely more complicated, but better. If you had a great childhood what made it so good? I'm trying to give my children a better childhood than I had so I would love to hear some positive experiences. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My childhood was wonderful considering what we were going through. My mother did the best she could and that is all I can ask for.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 3:38 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i think overall mine was good..my mom daycared kids..so there were always kids to play with..which was nice..plus i was the baby of the family so i got spoiled..lol..my sis and bro werent to happy about that tho..lol..but whatever!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I think I had a pretty good childhood. My parents raised me the best that they could with what they had and I have four brothers and sisters I am the oldest and I had a lot of responsibility. I think I am better for the way that I was brought up.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 3:46 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Mine was good till I got into 4th grade and then all the phsyical and emotional abuse from my bro happened...also from my mom at times...which sucked cause im adopted into that family and damn I can write a book .but it made me want to be a better mom and im now going to college to be a social worker for children and babies who are abused
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I had a horrible one, too. I think it def made me better, but I know there is still room for improvement. But at least I love my kids, and I let them know everyday. I provide for them, and they are not being abused. So already they have it better than I did. :) I am doing NOTHING my egg donor did, and EVERYTHING she DIDN'T do.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 4:18 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Anon:53...Please be the BEST social worker you can be. My neice and nephew are represented by the worst social worker ever. I wish you luck.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 4:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Mamasita98 thanks and im reaching for the greatest but if not the best out there:)...my niece and nephew also have had a bad social worker so I can understand where your coming from
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• No it sucked but I lived and my kids will have better.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I was born into severe abuse... so no, it wasn't good. BUT, I'm doing MUCH better today, and my children, too, are MUCH better off than I was, because I turned my life over to GOD and am allowing Him to heal me day by day! He gives me strength and guidance ...and wisdom to see where my past wounding could potentially cause me to make mistakes in parenting (and relationships in general, including my marriage) ...and I'm thankful for that! My children are better for it!
    Trust_HIM_Ps57

Answer by Trust_HIM_Ps57 at 5:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Funny my sister and I were discussing this the other day. Our egg donor is still alive and neither of us want anything to do with her. As sad as it sounds, she's a very sick person which neither of us is willing to become a martyr for. As for our children, (she's only got fur kids) we're much better parents that we ever expected to be considering the circumstances. I guess some people have an innate instinct to be maternal and nurturing and others do not. I'm also thinking our faith in God is the reason we're here today as well as the trials and tribulations that made us better people. God never gives you more than you can handle, I just wish he didn't have so much faith in me sometimes.
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 7:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2009