What do you think of taking piano lessons?

I'm really interested in learning to play the piano. I have a four month old and want him to be exposed to music. REAL music. Every little kid I know only knows theme songs and rap songs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wonderful. I hope you pursue it. Our oldest daughter wanted to play. Finally, a friend who was moving needed a place to store her piano and we had one for her to practice on. She used it for six years before I could afford a black console. Her piano teacher pushed the kids to use their gift for others and she is 19 and still uses her gift in the morning service at church. Tears come to my eyes when I hear her play because its a part of who she is. I'm guessing, its a part not, yet, developed but a piece of who you are.
    Best,
    Alexis
    Alexis124

Answer by Alexis124 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I think you should go for it!! I have always been a fan of my son leaning to read and play music! I bought him a nice electric guitar but you can only go so far without guidance.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 4:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I agree! i want to learn as well! My best friend took piano lessons for YEARS! She was very very good at it and i want my dd to play as well, even if she doesn't do anything with it, she will learn! It tends to drive me a little insane when kids sing to rap songs! Saying almost every word at 2 yrs old.... just not what I picture my child doing!!! But I do agree with you and it is a very good idea IMO!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I grew up playing classical guitar but rarely practiced and have lost the ability to play well. I think touching up on that and learning the piano would be great so I could later teach my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• no one is going to say, "no, dont do it".

sorry im in a bitter mood.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 4:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i luv the idea... i learned the piano when i was in school and got pretty good at it... i would say go for it!!... different experinces are what make the mind expand :)... i wish i could get back into it!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• " no one is going to say, "no, dont do it".

sorry im in a bitter mood. "

sorry, but why the heck would u even post something like this?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Piano is one of the best ways to be exposed to all kinds of music. Go for it!!!
    GiGito1SoFar

Answer by GiGito1SoFar at 8:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Do it! I'm a private teacher of lessons for flute, voice, and beginning piano. It's a wonderful thing to learn, and to expose your child to it is priceless. Kids need music!
    momma3kids

Answer by momma3kids at 9:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Go for it :) I'm self-learning and I love it. My only issue is my 3 yr old thinks that if I'm playing she can too lol
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 9:23 AM on Jul. 16, 2009