would you give tylenol?

my 5 month old has 2 teeth coming in and just woke up is wide awake and really fussy and nothing is comforting her.. would you give her tylenol?
there is no fever. but i think her teeth are hurting her.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, I would. And the teething tablets.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• yes and ihave,we used sponges,i cleaned em cut them in half and put them in the freezer for a few minutes,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 4:51 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• yup! teething tablets as well if not first! those work better for us!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• No,I do not like giving out pain killers willy nilly. Don't they make some sort of stuff to rub on the gums. To sooth them.

Answer by louise2 at 6:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I am going thru the same thing with my 8 month old,yes i would give him tylenol and i would also get some baby orajel to rub on his gums.
    LND

Answer by LND at 7:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Tylenol is better to give than the stuff you rub on gums! That stuff can cause them to choke if you put in just a little too much and it numbs too much of their mouth!

If you are hurting, don't you want some pain relief? Why would you make the baby suffer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Motrin works longer if you have any but tylenol works too just not as long. Give teething tablets as well of pain meds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2009