Sister in law is teaching my daughter to head but people...

Shes 6 months, and my SIL will say in spanish "head butt". My daughter does not understand what she is saying right now, but eventually, she will. I do not want my daughter to learn to head butt people and to walk around doing this to people or even worse, other children.
I've told her i do not want her to learn this, and have tried telling her to stop, but she doesnt, she does it on purpose while im there to try and irritate me.

What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't let your sil to carry her or be near. Hover over your daughter whenever sil is around and be possessive about your dd. She's yours and you have say over what happens to dd and who is allowed to see and carry her. If sil can't respect your wishes then she shouldn't have any rights to carry dd or be around her.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 5:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Mschanng says it all. I'd protect the child from influence by the SIL. If the SIL complains, insist that the baby is your child and you don't want her learning something like that or thinking it is cute, because it isn't. It will cause problems when she is around other children or even adults.

Answer by Bmat at 8:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I would limit her time with her. Thats it. You dont have to make a big production of it, but you can simply say...I asked you not to teach her that and you continue to disrespect my wishes, so you cant keep her or hold her anymore until you begin to respect me. Its not likely that your daughter is learning much at this age, but thats not the point. The point is that your sister is deliberately trying to irritate you by being disrespectful. That is the issue I would address. WHen my older kids were babies, some of my family would do that. Now, they know better. My thing is with my sons hair. I have told everyone that no one has the right to cut his hair. They all want me to cut it and I wont so they aggravate me by threatening to do it while hes with them. I stopped paying any attention to them. They know that if they did that, I would never speak to them again. They wouldnt risk that.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2009