where?

Can someone please tell me if this TRILLION dollar insurace plan gets passed... where the heck are we going to get that kinda money....?!?!?!?!

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:38 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It has to be more taxes-there is no other way. What is funny is when they start to increase taxes people are going to get upset. People hear "healthcare for all" and I swear they have sparkles in their eyes like a fairytale or something!!

This isn't appropriate for our country right now. This isn't the way to fix healthcare. I feel like it is a giant bandaid to try to make people happy, but once it starts, I think people are going to have a serious wakeup call.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 7:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• And i would also like to know.. do people really want the government to be controlling your health care?? who here REALLY believes they have YOUR best interest in mind???
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Julians...

1. A MASSIVE increase in taxes!!
    2. Half the country doesn't seem to care! I know I don't want it!!!
    3. Half the country seems to think the government actually cares about them!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• does it really matter anymore? the majority voted, and got what they asked for. the people voted for government health care, now let them have it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• And its not FREE....nothing is free!!!!
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Democrats in Congress and Obama have lied about the number of Americans who are uninsured.
    Democrats in Congress and Obama are forcing their agenda on Americans EVEN though most research SHOWS that even if Obama taxes those making over $75,000/yr~it STILL WOULD NOT be enough.

And all many BO supporters can say is , "he won, get over it"
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• When the economy collapses they will all be asking "what happened?" but then it will be Bush's fault of course. Many economists predict this will be our economic collapse.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• The talk on Capitol Hill now is that the bill will mandate that everyone that does not have insurance MUST purchase it. If they don't, they'll be fined. Of course, the gov't will "subsidize" for those making under $88K....subsidies that are a FRACTION of what it costs to purchase good insurance. I can't wait to hear the complaining if that happens.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_overhaul

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:16 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• the people voted for government health care, now let them have it.

***
    Unfortunately the people who voted for Obama and want this health care plan are going to drag the rest of us who HAVE our own private health plans are are perfectly happy with them, down with them!

I WISH only those who wanted this plan got stuck with it....without my taxes going up, of course. But sadly, it's a "one size fits all" approach.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• YEA, they were saying something about giving penialties (sp?) to those who don't have it... i don't think thats right... what about those who are in the military? are we going to be charged b/c we don't use THAT special insurance?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2009