Early Labor?

I am 18 years old and 6 months and a week on Tuesday pregnant. This is my first pregnancy. I am having abdominal crampiness, diarrea, nausea, headache, back pain, and about every hour or so I have severe cramping in my stomach, and my baby has only kicked about eight times in the past two hours...am I going into pre labor? Please voice opinions because I really do not want to go to the hospital and have nothing wrong and just be sitting there for an hour.

jas2009

Asked by jas2009 at 6:49 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can get a hold of the doctor on call and see what they think. It's really not that bad to go to the hospital and get checked out. They'll monitor you for 30 minutes, they're really relaxed and nice, and understanding. And it will give you the reassurance you need.

Personally, I don't think it doesn't sound like you are in labor with pain only happening every hour- but every labor is different and I'm not a doctor.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:54 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• WTF?!! If you are experiencing this along with the baby pushing DOWN, then GO TO THE HOSPITAL! My cousin was almost 7 months and she had back pain, lots of cramps and everytime she walked she said it seemed like the baby would push down...she went to the hospital and they said the baby was stressed and had to perform an emergency c-section!!! So her baby was very premature and spent 2 months in the NICU then they released her two weeks afterwards. She is fine right now but yes, if you get those back pains that go from your back and across your stomach for more than an hour, GET TO THE HOSPITAL!
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 9:38 AM on Jul. 16, 2009