very frequent inability to hold it all in... (TMI)???

i had a small & somewhat weak bladder before becoming pregnant. but now, it is just impossible. i am scared to even go out with how bad it's gotten! i sneeze, i pee. i cough, i pee. i laugh, i pee. i get startled, i pee. even if i have JUST gone to the bathroom or haven't had anything to drink yet, I PEE! i am only 25weeks pregnant, is it normal to have such an inability to hold it?? i've done kegals for years but it has never seemed to help much with holding it in, but at the same time it has never just come out at every random movement either! i can't deprive myself of water, but i don't want to deprive myself of spending the summer out & about either! what do i do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry to say this, but I'm afraid it's only going to get worse for the next 15 weeks; there's going to be increasing pressure on your bladder. You can try training yourself to hold your bladder better by drinking a lot of liquids and holding it for as long as possible, but that may not work at all. I'd say bite the bullet and buy some incontinence pads , and wear them when you go out, so if you do sneeze or laugh, it goes in the pad.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I agree, get a pad. That is what I had to do. Then after you are all done having all your children, get a sling. It is a bit of netting that they put under you urthea to hold it in the muscles that keep you from peeing. I had one done for the same problem and I am in no peeing heaven.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Wow. I'm not sure lady. I can assure you that the last month will be hell. I am 38w4d and I pee every 2 hours...something that has never happened before during my pregnancy. I sneeze or cough or laugh, I do not pee but do when I have a completely full bladder. I think you should get those old people underwear if you dont want to worry about peeing on yourself. Man, it must be tough for you. Good luck.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 9:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm with ya hun! I'm 29 weeks, and I have horrible allergies. I cough and sneeze all the time. I wear pads sometimes, and try to keep my bladder as empty as I can. I'm not sure what else you can do!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009