baby signs?

My baby boy is bout to be an 8 month old in a couple of days.Recently he has been rubbing his fist onto his mouth at his eating times.He seems quite irritating while doing that.I've checked his nappies,if he's thirsty and all.And another thing,he spits out any food i feed him at times.I wonder what does it really mean if other mothers too have had the same experience?This time around i really wish i was a telepathy,so i wud've known wat my baby's relly going through n trying to tell me...;D

momsaranx

Asked by momsaranx at 7:13 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• So the fist thing could be his way of saying feed me mommy I am hungry. THe spitting out may be that he is demenstratting his independance. He is 8 months, can he shake his head yes or no yet? Then at least you could ask questions. You sound frustratted, have you thought of teaching your son baby sign language? It is easy and if he is just a frustratted kid this could help you both, he could communicate with you. Both of my kids used it, oldest had a massive vocabulary. My youngest only did the basic needs, but started talking a lot sooner. Just a thought
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Just sounds like he's teething.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 7:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I second the recommendation to teach baby sign language - it makes things so much easier until they're able to talk!

Answer by missanc at 8:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• my son used to do the same thing but now he's almost 15 months old. when ever he would do it he was always tired, he'd strat rubbing him mouth with his fist then move to his eyes. he also would spit his food out when he was tired. maybe he's trying to tell you he wants to take a nap. then again he might want to feed him self try giving him figer foods, like gerber puffs. or small foods he can ;learn to chew thats soft so he can teach himself.
    arttiger86

Answer by arttiger86 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2009