hurt of friendship??

I was friends with this mom in my neighborhood since I moved into town. Our boys are the same age so they were able to play together. Her son is tougher and likes to wrestle more than most boys but he's a real sweetheart. I always thought that this mom and I had a good relationship where I could tell her the total truth and she'd understand. And I thought she felt the same way. Now I understand how you get wrapped up in life and as time passes, you just neglect your friends. Well, she hasn't called me since I became prego a year ago and our boys haven't hung out. I just thought she was too busy. Yesterday, playdate was set up with another parent and she told me they hung out with the wrestling boy and mom last week. I was so hurt that I wasn't called. I was under the impression that we were good friends and if she had a problem, she'd just say it. She is outspoken too. Would you feel hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I would. Hurt and bewildered. I'd wonder what was going on, if I'd said or done something. It would be worth inviting her over for some coffee and a playdate. I think I'd not bring up my worries but see how it went and whether she brought up what was going on with the friendship.

Answer by Bmat at 7:51 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Ya I would be hurt about that but maybe she is having issue with the fact that you were having another baby and maybe she was trying to get preggo. Why don't you just call her and see what she has to say.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:54 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Well, I would feel left out. Sometimes people just get busy and drift apart. My best friend and I did that. It wasnt that we werent friends or one of us was hurt, we just had life going on and we would go weeks and even months without calling and then finally we would catch up. Maybe she feels the same way about you. Maybe she feels hurt because you havent called her. Dont assume shes upset with you. Just give her a call and check in. Let her know that your son has been asking about hers and would she like to set up a time to get the boys together and then you and her can chat. Or plan for lunch at a local restaurant like mcdonalds or something. If there is really something wrong, then you will feel it then. She will either put you off, or come out and tell you. You will never know unless you make an effort. Be the initiator. It could be there is a miscommunication and she feels just like you do. Just CALL HER!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2009