Are you sure Obama isn't after our guns?

This even comes from CNN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9X2VbhSH9o

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• sorry, dont think he ever could do that... that would be nuts!! its a consitutional right... even mr. o can't take THAT from us!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• He won't actually take away our right to own guns, but I have no doubt he'll institute backhanded ways to make it REALLY hard to either purchase a gun (clearances, cost, availability), OR make ammunition very costly and/or difficult to find. Just more semantics.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I can't open the video.. Will look at it later...Obama and Dems are shooting themselves in the foot if they made stricter gun laws... The NRA wouldn't allow it... Is Obama aware of the number of Union members that are ALSO NRA members?   lol Something tells me, let him and Dems TRY to change gun laws. It will make 2010 and 2012, that much easier for Conservatives.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• HE does not want to take away people's guns and besides it is right in the BIll of rights to bare arms. He just wants regulate more so criminals cant get a hold of them so easily which I know for fact my state you dont even have to wait to purchase a gun. You want you get it with a very minimal background check. We have the most relaxed gun rights!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• LoriKeet

Your statement is pretty idiotic. You can make your own ammunition, so YOU control what you spend on your hobby! You don't know much about guns ,yes?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• LoriKeet

***

The only thing I need to know about MY guns is how to use them--and I'm a pretty good shot!!! I've never felt the need to melt my copper and scrap metals to make my own "ammo lab!" And you think I'm a little "out there!" LMAO! :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• He just wants regulate more so criminals cant get a hold of them so easily which I know for fact my state you dont even have to wait to purchase a gun.

***
    The only thing MORE regulations do is keep law-abiding citizens from obtaining them easily. Criminals will ALWAYS find an ILLEGAL source to obtain guns...it's par for the course!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Your statement is pretty idiotic. You can make your own ammunition, so YOU control what you spend on your hobby! You don't know much about guns ,yes?

Yours is idiotic as well the materials for making your own ammo are regulated as well. DUH!!
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I think that, yes, Obama is after our guns. And he will do it in a sneaky way. He has already put in legislation to control how much ammo you can have and how long you can have it. Have you tried to FIND any ammo lately?
    The easiest way to gain more power is to make the people poor (can you say "stimulus?") and disarm them. I'm very frightened at where the country is heading.
    justthreemiles

Answer by justthreemiles at 10:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• This week, a travelling jewellery salesman who was ambushed by four men, at least two of them armed, pulled out his pistol and shot two of them. The other two would-be robbers fled as the wounded men lay moaning on the ground.

"Bingo," said Mr Hill. "They're in critical condition in hospital last time I heard. He had a hand gun and a legal carry permit, so he's back at home having dinner with the kids. Mark one up for the good guy."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/5804114/Gun-sales-soar-amid-fears-of-Barack-Obama-weapons-ban.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2009