Why are Democrats Reps afraid to debate and be transparent? What do they have to hide?

From article by John Carter, Representative, Texas [R]
Monday night Dems voted to shut down the U.S. House Representatives rather than allow a handful of Republican Congressmen to speak on the floor. What could have been so offensive or frightening about our discourse that Speaker Pelosi felt she had to protect her party by gagging free speech in the House?
Republicans were planning to speak on the lack of transparency of the House since Democrats took control.. They received a slammed door by Democrats.

House rules require a bill be publicly posted for three days before it can be voted on.... Nancy Pelosi and her House Democrats have chosen to ignore the rule on every major issue taken up by the House this year, including:
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act - The Obama Stimulus:
The Omnibus Appropriations Act of 2009
SCHIP
~~~~~
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=32718
~~
Why the Silencing Act?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because they all have their hand in the till! LOL

I guess the same question could also apply to the whole Obama Birth Certificate issue. Why pay over a MILLION dollars in legal defense fees over the issue, INSTEAD of say just producing the actual original document and put it to rest already?!?!? Hmmmmmm?!?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Why would anyone vote for politicians who are afraid to debate the issues. Why would anyone allow politicians to silence REPRESENTATIVES of the people of the United States?

Would you call your rep and ask them why?
    http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.shtml
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Because they know disection of their bills before a vote would be trouble for their agenda. They don't comprehend disection after they vote it in is what is causing them to fall in the polls.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

•  

So true Carpy and Lorikeet. Makes me think, anyone who would re-elect these Democrats must believe in the cowardly way of doing business... I am curious to hear from some left leaner who SUPPORT these measures, and why??? 

Anywho~Spread this article around and encourage others to contact Pelosi and other Dems in the House.... Our voice can speak volumes!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Contact Nancy Pelosi and ask her why

http://speaker.gov/contact/

(don't expect to get an answer as she is a lying coward, imo)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Thanks for the reminders grly. I just wrote my guy and Pelosi. I had a hard time with Pelosi's. I didn't realize I would have to battle a picture of her on the screen when I finished my message. I think I actually threw up in my mouth a little. :o(

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• They get the door slammed on them daily. This is pure revenge towards the Republicans. The Republicans do have ideas on health care but they have been allowed to bring only a few amendments and those were tossed in short order. The Dems do things for their buddies and lobby friends. Have you heard about the huge companies in bed with the government in this administration? They can't take any Republican ideas or they risk losing money and their job.
    I understand some resistance towards the opposite side when you are in power but the Republicans have never been this nasty and unreasonable towards Dems. I'm not big into revenge but it's looking better and better in 2012.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Our state(Alaska) republican House of Representative is not worth my time. When he can not answer the simple question ,why he spent like more then $1 million defending himself on something. Don't I have the right to know what is going on?There is just no way he will get my vote next year. Both sides are equally guilty.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• ::insert crickets chirping here::

Guess the liberal leaners cannot defend the actions of their beloved Nancy Pelosi and other House Democrats... I see them answering other questions on CM PC&A.......  Guess the silence speaks volumes...   I still wonder why they would re-elect a politician that stifles debate? hrmmmmmmmm

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 16, 2009