Is blood normal...??

I'm 39 weeks and asked the question last night about being in labor...well the contraction s stayed strong and close together but slowed down a little once I layed down for bed but still woke me up every once in awhile. My dr office opens in about 40 min so I'm going to call them then but...after having contractions, I go to the bathroom and theres a little bit of blood when I wipe. Its not coming out when I just walk around and its not a whole lot but it's been happening for a little bit now. Is that normal if your getting close to labor? Theres a little bit of mucus mixed with it but I lost my mucus plug over the weekend and was told that was my bloody show so I'm not sure if this is okay...thanks!

landons.mama

Asked by landons.mama at 8:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah thats normal. I started lightly bleeding 2 weeks before my son was born. It just means your cervix is softening. Now with me thinking i was already 40 weeks i was actually 42 or more. I started bleeding and i mean i stood up and woosh blood everywhere like my water just had broke only it was placenta rupture. I ended up going to the hospital. Now in your case i would just call just to make sure. Other than that i dont see the need to go to the hospital. I would wait for my contractions to get closer together because if you go in they are just going to send you back home. Then again some women can dialate and not have any contractions and be considered in active labor. Just call to make sure. Gl hun.. not too much longer.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• storkhope you have a easy labor

Anonymous