Just wondering if the potty doll helps with potty training

I was watching Dr Phil a few days ago, had a segment on potty training and they used a potty doll and had the child train the doll to use the potty and the child started to use the potty also. I have a 3 yr old girl in pull ups tells me when she pees but will not use the potty at all, I need help, I have tried charts rewards , you name it. Let me know if any one has any advice on this issue
Thanks

jendon2

Asked by jendon2 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• For my son(who is 9 now) I had the potty video and the childrens potty book thta goes with it.There was a doll that went with it but I never did buy that.I'm sure he would have liked it though.Anyway, he loved the video and the book,he asked to watch it all the time and requested me to read the book to him at bedtime everynight.I set his potty chair in the bathroom, I showed him what to do with it,let him "investigate" it and eventually he just started going on it.I always clapped and gave him a big hug.He was completley potty trained by the age of 2.The video is really what worked for us.Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Every kid really is different and no one method or trick works for all of them. I didn't get the official potty training doll but I had my daughter explain everything to her favorite stuffed animal. She did - flawlessly. And then still refused to poop on the potty.

We've tried several potty training videos, numerous potty training storybooks, even books just for pooping. She knows she is supposed to use the potty to poop but she is afraid to and will simply hold it - despite termendous pain - for days. Of course the pain just makes the fear worse.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 16, 2009