Can you discribe a parenting style out of the many parenting styles that exist?

I can explain one the parent who never yells, always smiles and for some reason the children are very mellow. (good for these parents)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, most parents dont adhere to just ONE parenting style. Usually its a combination of several, depending on what area we are talking about. I am a traditional parent. I believe in respecting your elders, saying yes ma'am, yes sir, spanking for serious offenses, treats for good behavior or achievements, mom staying home with kids, church on sundays, ect , ect. This works for us. I have been looking into other parenting styles and opening my mind a little for certain things. I wont change the things I already do, but I love the idea of attachment parenting. Some aspects of it anyway. I let my youngest child sleep with me, he still sucks a passy and I have let him decide when he wants to potty train considering I cant make him go. Ive just begun to be more layed back about stuff. I do try to focus on important things such as integrity, character, honesty, self control..ect, instead of worrying over things that dont matter.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• momo than you so much it was very interesting to read your post op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• no.. cause those "parents" dont live in my world.. OR anyone who gos to wal-mart, cause it doesnt matter how nice and how good they are wal-mart just brings the bad out in all....
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 9:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2009