Do you think that sometimes you don't lose weight because......

you don't need to? I am by no means overweight. I am a good weight for my height but have gained some pounds over vacation and it makes me feel horrible. I have been exercising like crazy and watching my bad carbs and the scale isn't moving!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Are you eating 7-8 servings of fruits and veggies (in at least 3 different colors) a day?
    Are you drinking at least 8 8oz glasses of water?
    eat an apple or a big pile of veggies before meals
    Avoid animal and saturated fats.
    Eat 6 servings of whole grains and at least 2 servings of legumes a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm overweight, but far from obese, and I've struggled with my weight for quite a while... until now. I'm now on permanent Atkins-style low-carb diet and this is the best I've looked and felt in a long time. The extra weight started slipping off almost immediately and my energy levels have soared!

I would dispute everything that rkoloms recommended (no offense) based upon the empirical research out there. Read the book "Good Calories, Bad Calories" and you'll understand what I mean. It's not a diet book, but a presentation of the science behind health and weight loss written in highly understandable terms. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with animal fats and saturated fats. It's carbs you need to watch out for, especially processed carbs, sugar and absolutely anything containing high-fructose corn syrup. Those items practically guarantee weight gain. People really need to be told the truth about food!
    Intrepid

Answer by Intrepid at 6:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2009