Who you call me a bad mom?

Will I'm going to start this out by saying I have 3 kids and I'm 38 weeks. My kids do not see outside like that cause the last 2 weeks all I been wanting to do is sleep. when hubby come home they get a hour sometime but I'm just not up for it. Everyone I talk to say that is so wrong you do not do nothing with them but I just stop 2 weeks ago

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 10:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't think your a bad parent, but I do think you should push yourself to at least go outside and sit while they play. It is soooo hard when you're pregnant and tired, but unless the dr. restricted you, take your kids outside!! Honestly, it will make you feel better! Just stay hydrated. I delivered at the end of July and had 3 others. I was exhausted, but I took them fishing, (They fished, I watched), and did many other things with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• You need to stop having babies. So who watches your kids while you sleep?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY, YOU ARE THE ONE IN THIS PREDICAMENT, NOT THEM, DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO, AND NO IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU A BAD MOM IT MAKES YOU A HUMAN MOM!

Answer by older at 10:23 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I think it's rotten of anyone to call people a bad mom, unless you're abusing your kids or just completely ignoring them what's it matter, who are they to judge. But I also halfway agree with anon. I had 3 other kids 5 and under when I was at term with my youngest. I would take them outside, but I would just sit and watch them (it's actually going to be easier on you if you let them run and get their energy out cause then they may sit and watch a tv show or take a nap. lol). I actually had them out the day before I delivered. You'll want to get them out now anyways because once the baby is born it will be harder to have a little one out with you while you watch them. Good luck with #4.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Anyway, COngrts on your pregnancy. Like the first anon said, just try to push yourself a little to go outside. You don't have to go everyday. I remember my father use to give me grief about not taking the kids out everyday. If they are happy and content and i am doing indoor activities with them than they do not need to go outside EVERYDAY. Same for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My children are somewhat fair skinned and prone to burning, even with sunscreen. I only take them outside about once a week. We play inside together a lot. I think you should try to get outside, with a big glass of ice water, and watch your kids play. Or just play a board game with them at the kitchen table. It could be half an hour, but at least it is something.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I don't think you're a bad mom for not getting them outside. Where we live, it's so hot that we often don't spend much time outside. We pretty much only go out if we are going to get in the pool, b/c it's just too hot. If we go out and aren't in the pool, they only get an hour or two. If someone called me a bad mom, I'd just ignore them. I won't let my kids get overheated, dehydrated, and sunburned b/c someone else disagrees with me. I do think it would be good for you to get them outside if you can (you just go out and sit), that will wear them out and maybe give you a better break. But you're not a bad mom if you don't.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my fourth child (she was a summer baby) I used to go out only for a little bit each day. But we also lived close to a pool so we went swimming a lot. I used to love standing in the pool because it took the weight off my big fat belly and I could cool off. But I certainly understand how you feel. I remember feeling that way. You're not a bad mom. Though I remember taking them outside because if I didn't force myself to do so I would go crazy! I used to take some ice water and a lawn chair, sit in the shade and let them play.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Not a bad mom. You are doing the best you can. My older kids rarely went outside as toddlers because...there were just too many of them (I had 3 toddlers at once) and I didn't have the energy to keep up with them all. And when I was pregnant with my last child we all stayed in most of the time (it was winter but even in the nicer months I was too miserable and in too much pain to do anything but lay on the couch). In fact the kids took over caring for me. They got me food and drinks, covered me with blankets, helped me to the bathroom. They were 3, 4 and 5. Don't know what I would have done without them.
    And I napped all the time and left them to watch TV. I even took naps when the baby was little. They would watch her on the living room floor and come get me if she got into trouble. Now I trust them to watch her outside (they are 9, 7 1/2, 6 1/2 and 3 now).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Its a temporary problem, when you are feeling better yo can resume taking them outside. Yes, they are "suffering" right now, but that is part of being in a family. They will be fine. I hope you can find someone to help you out for after the baby is born so all of you can get a break!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 16, 2009