I had a miscarrage on 07/07/09 i f I get pregnant again does it increase my chances of having twins

I am on 32mg of Folic acid and one 81mg of asprin along with a prenatal vit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No and I thought that you weren't suppose to take aspirin while pregnant??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Twins are genetic. At least fraternal twins are. So if they don't run in your family, or you didn't get fertiity treatments, you won't have fraternal twins. And identical twins are actually very rare and occur and random for no reason at all. So no having a miscarriage will not increase your chances of having twins. And I also thought you weren't supposed to take aspirin while pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• You aren't supposed to take aspirin while pregnant, but the folic acid is a very good idea! I wish I had thought of getting on it while I was TTC! As far as twins, Anon is right. Unless you are on fertility treatments or have twins in your family, then you have a very small chance of having twins. I've had several miscarriages while TTC and still had only one baby :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:14 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• sorry about your miscarriage :(
    if you are taking a good prenatal you shouldnt need the extra folic acid. and isnt it in IUs anyways?
    you should be taking 400-800 IU.
    sometimes a baby aspirin is ok to take, you will be told to take it for some conditions (like clotting ones) but if just for the heck of it without your dr's or midwifes say so, you should stop taking it probably.
    and yes usually twins are genetic. but sometimes they can just happen. i remember after i lost my son i wanted to be pregnant again right away, and it would have been great to have twins. but i realized that i just wanted my baby back, not one to just take his place. his due date just passed and im still not pregnant. and i am actually kind of grateful for that. even tho we have been ttc and wanting to be.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• no
    Anonymous

• sorry bout your miscarriage. I also had a miscarriage on 3/3/09, but ttc since and haven't been able to yet. aspirn is nt something to be take when pregnant though.
    Anonymous

• SORRY ABOUT UR MISCARRIAGE..I ALSO HAD ONE LAST MONTH ON 6-3-09..HAD A BLIGHTED OVUM..MY BABY DIDNT DEVELOP..I THINK ME AND MY DUDE ARE GONNA TRY AGAIN..
    JENNIFER_007

Answer by JENNIFER_007 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• ok i am being treated high risk after two miscarriages. my dr told me the minute i suspected i was pregnant to start taking baby aspirin once a day. it makes the walls of your uterus more sticky for the embryo to implant and helps blot clotting. you should not take it in your third trimester as it is a blood thinner and could cause hemorraghing. needless to say i am now 8 weeks along and finally have a viable pregnancy with a strong heartbeat and rapid growth(only know cuz i have ultra sounds every week) i am a firm believer in aspirin therapy. other countries use it as part of their prenatal routines for their patients.
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 8:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• this place had a listing about the chances... http://www.ttctwins.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1
    laura_mae99

Answer by laura_mae99 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010