If you're married...do you ever fantasize about anyone?

I'll preface this by saying...I am married. Have been for almost ten years. Our marriage isn't the best, but ok. Our sex life, though is almost nonexistent and we have discussed divorce.

For the past few weeks, I have been daydreaming and fantasizing about someone else. I went to school with him and see him (though we never talk) occasionally. I've been told by someone that he talks about me often and he is also friends with my sisters boyfriend. I feel that I've almost built an imaginary relationship with him. These daydreams are very nice and I won't deny that I enjoy them. Is this just a way to escape the reality that is my marriage or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I think everyone fantasizes at some point. I have an on-going fantasy about Vin Diesel and Neve Campbell :P But if it starts to affect your life, or you decide to act on it, then that's where problems start.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have never fantasized about another man while I was married..

I am engaged now, and have never done that in this relationship either..

But I can say that when I did fantasize about someone while dating someone else, It was a big sign that I was not happy and eventually that relationship ended..

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm married.. My husband although I do love him is a terrible love maker. So I must admit I have fantasized about other men being married to him. I dont' really think it's because I'm not happy in our marriage... Only in our sex life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I am married and I have since being married but it's never been a sexual fantasy. Sometimes I feel like I have also built an imaginary relationship. I think it helps me deal with the not so good parts of my marriage and like you said escape reality.
    Anonymous