Are there any moms of one child who don't want more children?

My daughter is one, and I always thought I would want at least two children. But, I can hardly keep up with her and the thought of more is just completely unappealing. Anyone else NOT want more kids?

MommaToSam

Asked by MommaToSam at 10:48 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• i feel that way now and my dd is 3 months old.....my pregnancy sucked but in a few years i might change my mind
    AmyShaffer06

Answer by AmyShaffer06 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My son was intended to be an only child. My daughter was not planned. I would have been happy having one child.
    goddessmonica

Answer by goddessmonica at 11:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My DS is almost 5 and I do not want any more. Sure, sometimes my hormones get the best of me and I think I do ( I LOVED being pregnant!) But I know it is not right for me or my family. My boy will be my one and only and I'm very happy with that!
    nicksmom04

Answer by nicksmom04 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• my DS will be 4 in November and we do not have any plans to have another
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My daughter is 8 and I had my tubes tied when she was 6 months old. She will be a one and only and I am very happy with that.
    mamaphouka

Answer by mamaphouka at 11:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• It is this stage. They do get easier. This is why some people like to have their children 5 yrs apart, because toddlers drive them crazy.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 11:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My son will be 2 next month && I don't really plan on having anymore. I have always said I wanted 1, POSSIBLY 2 kids. I'm not 100% against having another one, but my SO is going to have to give me some pretty good reasons why we should have another && our financial situation will have to be excellent at the time in order to change my mind about it. I've always wanted a small family, but between my SO && I, we have 4 children, so a small family seems to be out of the question for me now.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I intend on getting sorted out so i dont ever have any more children. One is all i need/want.

I grew up with a sibling. Its a horrible life. Also, this pregnancy has a;lmost killed me. It has been the worst time of my life. And i refuse to allow my body to make me think otherwise.
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 11:49 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My son will be an only child. He is nearly 7 and our family feels complete. My husband got a vasectomy when our son was 1 year old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have 1 and I am pretty happy with just her. I have the mirena IUD and I am not planning on another child, and if I do it wont be for a long time. Maybe 10 years.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2009