Can you get pregnant after having your tubes tied?

I had my tubes tied 2 years ago and I think i'm pregnant!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes it is possible - i went through this a few mo ago & found out i am not pregnant, but do have a hormonal inbalance & cysts on my ovaries, so now i have to take the bc pill just to have a reg cycle. just to be sure i would take a test & then go see your dr. good luck.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Although it is extremely rare, you can get pregnant. If your tubes were tied with clamps, then the egg can "jump" the clamp, but more often the sperm "jumps" instead. That causes a tubal pregnancy that cannot survive. I would suggest if you think you are pregnant, to please go to a doctor immediately to find out.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:03 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• could be but like pp said.. i had mine tied and kept skippin periods and getinn pregnancy symptoms but it was cause of hormone thing and was put on BC to correct it
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yes, many have gotten pg and born babies after tubes were tied. I had an Ovarian ectopic 1 1/2 yrs after I had my tubes tied. The sperm got up to my ovary and fertilized the egg but the egg couldn't get back so it grew on the ovary which burst as it got bigger and I almost bled to death. It's not always a happy ending.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2009