For those that have worked in a lingerie store... how do I measure myself for a bra?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have never worked in a store with bras but I found something on internet that show you how to do or you can always go to victora secrets they will do it for you for free,

http://www.ehow.com/how_2136098_yourself-determine-correct-bra-size.html
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• According to the book I just got my DD, you measure around you ribs under your breasts and find the measurement.

26-27 inches=32
    28-29 inches=34
    30-31 inches=36
    32-33 inches=38 etc.

then you measure around your chest and over your nipples to get a chest measurement. Subtract the rib measurement from the chest measurement.

1=A
    2=b
    3=c
    4=d etc.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• http://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html  Any and everything you've ever wanted to know about bra fitting...except!  They do the traditional add 4-5 inches.  This is an outdated method from when bra manufacturing was new and they didn't use the elastics we have now.

If you want to have it done, and you have a Nordstoms in your area go there.  Their sales women are very well trained in proper bra fit.  The tape measure doesn't rule all when finding the proper fit.  It just gives you a starting point.  Having someone that knows what to look for is a huge help.

And...it's very important to expell all the air from you lungs before you measure. You want your band size to be as small as possible because that's where all your support comes from.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• *Duh on me!*

I left out the 'you should add no more than 4 inches to the measurement you get for your band width' in that first paragraph. Mine is 32, and when properly fitted I'm a 36 bra, not a 38.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2009