When answering a question that has 79 answers already...

wouldn't you just assume that the most OBVIOUS answer has already been given? I love when you've got an active debate going on and every 10th answers is from someone who hasn't been following along and they just pop in and state the obvious which has already been said a dozen times! Haha! It always makes me laugh.

So if you see 79 answers don't you assume that the basics have been covered and there is some sort of active conversation going on at that point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If I see a question with 60 answers and I haven't already been in on the conversation I just skip it. I don't want to read all of the responses to catch up and then suddenly jump in! unless I feel really compelled or intrigued by the answer or if I really feel like I've got something to add to the conversation that no one else may have thought of yet.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Sometimes I just want to get my 2 cents in!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I understand what you are saying, and when I read those, I read the full question and anything else the OP might have said. But I try not to read everyone else's advice to her, because I want to give her the most objective answer that I can provide to her. If she gets 70 answers of the same thing, the choice would seem obvious! Rather than an ongoing debate. Debates are great if you are open to them, but when you just want advice, that's a different story. I think they really should have a separate Debate catagory here. Especially now that they have the ability to Chat.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:21 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Lesli I'm from Ohio too warren OMG its gonna be hot today I hope it dont rain have a great day !!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Most of the time i do asume its alreay been answered the way i would answer it, but i don't read all the answers, i hardly ever read the other peoples answers. Especially when theres a lot of them. So if i do answer its because its a question that relates to what i've been through, even if there is a million answers, everyone may not have gone through it. Or if they did too, i might of had a different experience.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2009