To work out or to not workout....

I'm 29 weeks now and have been trying to stay active throughout my pregnancy. I've already gained a significant amount of weight I think. I was taking water aerobics class twice a week and then walking on the treadmill a couple days a week. Lately, I've not been feeling up to it. My husband gets worried and tells me I need to rest and put my feet up. He doesn't think it is good for me to be doing the swim class anymore. What have you guys been doing as far as working out?

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• EXCERCISE IS ALWAYS GOOF FOR YOU UNLESS YOUR DOCTOR HAS TOLD YOU OTHERWISE. I AM A FIRM BELEIVER THAT IT WILL MAKE YOUR LABOR EASIER FOR YOU, BUT ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR BODY, IF ONE DAY YOU DON'T FEEL UP TO IT, DON'T.

Answer by older at 11:16 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i work out four days a week, but havent for the past week because of how sick im getting. I know working out is good for me, but i cant stand it until i start to feel better. im 10 weeks now, so at 12 weeks, ill get back on my regiment. If youve been working out this much so far, youre in good shape, but maybe just cut down the days??? Its always better to be active.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 11:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• exercise during pregnancy = a easier delivery and quicker recovery

I worked out at least 4 times a week till 35 weeks
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• But when do they recommend you stop? Is it okay up until you go into labor if you are still feeling well?
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• when i got prego with my son i was in the military and my days were long. i also worked out, as my pregnancey went along we would go to a swimming pool once a week for a hour, walked 2 miles in a hour and a half, and did arobics until i couldnt work out anymore because i had other issues but i worked out and went to work every single day until he was born. if you can find the energy to work out i'd do it because it helps your muscles during labor and might even shorten your time in labor. good luck.
    arttiger86

Answer by arttiger86 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm at 34 weeks and I do a yoga class twice a week. Regular yoga, not prenatal. I use a chair to modify any poses that are not safe or too uncomfortable for me to do. I'm planning on continuing to take yoga through July and then probably at least through the middle of August, possibly longer. I'm due at the end of August. I also walk about 2-3 miles about 3 times a week and I will continue until I have the baby. I do take my cell phone with me now, though, and I will probably make my husband go with me once I am around 2 weeks from the due date. As long as your doctor/midwife says you are okay to exercise, there's no reason not to. Swimming and walking are two of the most recommended exercises for pregnant women.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009