what is it...

This is my second pregnancy, my last pregnancy my braxton hicks started at 6 months and they were classic BH where my whole stomach just got iron hard and cramped and then went away....I am 7months with my second and I have been having BH contractions but they are a little different, my stomach still gets hard and cramped but I get a horrible cramping in my lower back too. I read on another post that if you get cramps in your back they aren't BH contractions? if these aren't contractions then what would you think they are? what causes the pain in your back? and have any second time moms + had different contractions with different pregnancies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be BH. I remember in my birthing class that back labor could also be a sign of how the baby is facing. Google Back Labor and see what it says.
    Ames826

Answer by Ames826 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I didn't have back pain with my first but my second was horrible. When I did go into full labor, the pain was unbearable. When my son was born, he was facing up instead of down so I guess that's the reason.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I know what you mean. I didnt have BH with my first but I have them with this one and I also get the pain in my lower back. I get three in one hour to and then they will stop for a couple hours and come back. My OB said that since its not continuing then I'm fine but to call him if they get to 4 an hour but I'm still confused by the whole thing since I can feel them in my back and like you I didnt think you were suppose to.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2009