Any other moms see the new HP movie yet?

I went at midnight opening night to see it. It's a great movie and all, but I left the theatre feeling cheated. The one scene from the book that I most wanted a visual representation of wasn't there. I understand that they simply cannot include the entire book in a movie, but this was (I thought) the one scene they simply had to have. My husband thinks they may start the next movie with it, but I'm not so sure. Did anyone else (who has read the book) feel this way after seeing it?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 11:18 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My DH and I are going to see it tonight and I know I'll be disappointed but i go expecting that and enjoy the movie anyway. I still whine and complain to hubby about how they screwed it up! Lol.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I saw it and was disappointed. It didn't seem as long as it really was (2 and a half hours) and I was left wanting more. it's like they went thru the book and decided, this this and this is important... and just kinda touched on the important things but left out important underlying stuff. It was like seeing this really beautiful cake, and u taste it, and it's just not what you wanted, ha ha. It looked GREAT, but was lacking a lot.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 12:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• That's a great way to put it gottalovemal. It wasn't exactly a bad movie, but Half Blood Prince is my favorite of all the books, and I just feel like they could've done so much more with the movie.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My teen girls have been getting myspace comments from friends who have seen it...saying it is horrible and to seriously save your time and money and not see it. That is sad.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009