Do you STILL think the government run health care system will continue to be an "option?"

The provision would indeed outlaw individual private coverage. Under the Orwellian header of "Protecting The Choice To Keep Current Coverage," the "Limitation On New Enrollment" section of the bill clearly states:

"Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day" of the year the legislation becomes law."

* The self-employed can not switch from their current plan to another private plan.

* Newly self-employed can only get the government plan.

* If your company drops health coverage, you're long-term unemployed, take early retirement etc., you'll have to get the government plan--it'll be illegal to buy your own private plan.

* Dems will push everyone into the govt plan, as private plans go out of business, since it'll be illegal to subscribe to them.

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 11:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They want us all to be dumb down,weak,government dependents.When people are dependent on the gubmint they tend to keep voting in the ones who continue to provide.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Personally, no. I think that the upper class will be able to retain their private insurance, but everyone else will be forced to accept a horrible govt. run plan and we will all suffer the consequences of that. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Quinn,

But, just as the wealthiest among us cannot continue to support the entire country, neither can they support private health plan companies!

Private health plan companies NEED a certain number of paying subscribers to offset their benefits payouts. Private family plans already cost upwards of $10,000 per year, if you eliminate several million subscribers, the cost for private insurance will be astronomical! It will probably be cheaper to send yourself to medical school and learn how to treat yourself/family!! LOL :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• *Gag* How does this make insurance companies "competitive", like Obama promised?

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Gotcha! I didn't factor in the taxation of the private plans when I was thinking about that.

So, what kind of Dr. do you want to be? Or are you already? (I am thinking you have a medical background if I am not mistaken).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm not a doctor but I do have a strong medical background--which includes 9 years as a Med-Evac Paramedic in Boston....at least I know I can handle the "big stuff!" And I'm a Red Cross volunteer Instructor Trainer in CPR, First Aid and Water Safety...I like thinking there are more people capable of handling life threatening situations out there that I don't feel the need to be paid!!! :o)

But there are several board certified surgeons and specialists among my close family and friends network...so I might just start stocking up on emergency first aid supplies!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• This will surely bring the Democrat party down but they don't see it that way. Thats great for us in 2010-2012 but lord help us with what is left of America when even the 2010 vote rolls around. Scares me to death.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• But there are several board certified surgeons and specialists among my close family and friends network...

Lori, just curious, what do they say about the govt. Health care reform and how do they say health care should be reformed?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Government approved groceries, here we come!

We all knew it would be like that.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2009