Is it normal to feel like not having energy to keep playing with my toddler?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I felt like that and still do sometimes but I push myself to keep up with him. he's very active at 20 months old but I don't want to be a mom that lays on the couch or tells him to play by himself. I WANT to play with him - even when I don't have the energy to, i DO IT! I am overweight and work outside the home full time and have 3 days a week dr appt's I go to with a less than perfect helping husband when it comes the helping with the house and I pay the bills, grovery shop errand run and do the laundry along with the normal house cleaning - its not easy to say the least but playing is how they learn and these times are so critical. I am far from perfect but I am trying to make sure he gets the most from me that I have to offer.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Sometimes it is normal. You didn't provide enough information about your situation. Are you sick? Are you pregnant? Are you depressed? Are you overweight or out of shape? Are you an older mom? Are you not getting enough sleep? Is your toddler unusually needy or demanding?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jul. 16, 2009