Bending and Lifting While Pregnant?

Okay, my work requires me to do a lot of moving. I'm constantly picking up things from the floor, pushing carts of food and sometimes carrying things up to 20 lbs in weight. I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant. What are the precautionary reasons, other than hurting my own back perhaps. Could any of this constant 8 hrs a day movement ( 20 hrs a week ) be a strain on the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it can put strain on the baby. Talk with your doctor and see if you can get put on light duty for the remaining of your time before maternaty leave. When you bend to pick stuff up I know the proper way is to lift with you knees. Which is hard to do b/c I been there with my job. Your carrying all that extra weight as it is, then have to bend at your knees and constantly move around. IT gets very tired some. Expecially in this hot weather too. If its getting to be to much for you talk with your doctor to get u lighter duty. The health of your baby is way more importatnt. Good Luck!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2009