Why am I an idiot?

I made a huge mistake last night. My DH was drinking and called me a bitch in front of his friends. I was tired and ad been at work all night and kind of snapped. I pushed his face from me in a smart ass kind of way. I didn't slap him but gave him more of a pat and said "Don't call me that" and walked off for a minute. I know I was wrong and I should never put my hands on anyone. I'm really upset today and he is definitely super pissed. I apologized. No bashing please I know I was wrong I'm just venting. Ugh! Why did I do that! I was so mad with the bitch comment!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• DH called you a bitch & you were wrong?? Are you serious? You were tired from working & he was out drinking? I think you need to think about this a little more.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 11:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Well, maybe he shouldn't have been and ass and called you a bitch in front of his friends. Men get that stupid "I'm a man's man!" complex in front of their friends, and it does NOT get better with age!

Sorry, you didn't whale off and punch him or anything like that; although I probably would have left it at pushing his face away. I would have only apologized for "patting" his face and that's it. He HAS to know that treating you like that is unacceptable.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• u were tired, he was drinking, it was just the right circumstances for something like that. U didnt mean to and u didn't hit him, u were tired, it's ok. It's human nature to get frustrated. He shouldnt have called u a bitch which u know, u shouldn't have put your hands on him which you know. Talk about it with each other, if he is rational it'll blow over. If he is like my guy, he'll be upset 4 a long time and bring it up in future fights.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Maybe your reaction was a little strong, but he should not be talking to you like that. It is called emotional abuse and you absolutuly should not put up with that. I went through that with my ex for 5 years and I learned that it was never going to change, so I got out. Has he said he was sorry for what he said to you that caused you to react that way? I would just drop the subject and move on we all do things we are not proud of occasionally.
    Karaj503

Answer by Karaj503 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I just did almost the same thing. SO was mad at me because I didn't want him to go to his friends house to watch a fight because the last time he went there, I got a call from the police at 5 in the morning asking me to come pick him up on the other side of town. So I had to pack my kids in a cab and go get him. So anyway he's mad and I'm trying to talk to him and he told me to shut up. He's never told me to shut up before and I was so mad I pushed the back of his head. We got ok the next day but I think we both need to work on how we handle our anger. If he doesn't do things like this regularly, then I think both you should just say I'm sorry and never let it happen again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• You can not go back and change what has happen..so now is the time to woman up to it. Both sit down and talk like two grown adults instead of screaming children. For my two cents of the day..I would be the one who looks him in the eyes to say I am sorry ..I was wrong. Pride in a relationship does not go hand and hand. You be the bigger (wo)man and show him what he did was wrong by saying them words. By saying them words first you'll see a gaint fall to his knees. It easy to take the road to hatered then it is to forgive and forget. Be the bigger woman and tell him you are sorry and then listen for him to say it too.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 11:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Oh and do not get me wrong ..yes he was wrong for calling you that words..but it is done and it is time to move on. I just hope you tell him how you feel ..so nexts time he knows that is a big no no
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 11:54 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• granted in a perfect world you shouldn't have done what you did, but he called you a bitch and he shouldn't expect there to be no consequences. I'm glad you stuck up for yourself in one way or another.
    He's probably just mad because he was most likely showing off in front of his friends, then when you stoop up to him he probably felt stupid. You should stick up for yourself whenever he does things like that.
    best-
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 12:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• YOU apologized for his verbal abuse? What's wrong with that picture? If his face was close enough for you to push away then he was invading your personal space. Pushing him out of it was not wrong.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2009