Did you bleed less or more after your second baby than your first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• i did more but everyone's diff
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• More! What was worse though isn't the actual bleeding but the clots afterward. I remember the nurse coming in every so often and squishing my stomach so to make sure my uterus went back to normal size! It was very uncomfortable. And they aren't little clots, the nurse said she had seen some the size of softballs in some patients. You will feel them, and its important for the uterus to go back to normal size or you could bleed to death. (which is what she told me, so even though its not the most pleasant thing, you want them to squish you!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Less after my second, but more after my third. They were close together so not only did I end up having to carry around my newborn, I had to pick up my toddler too. And run around after and take care of three kids... I think it depends on how hard you push yourself how much/long you bleed for, and I definitely pushed myself too hard last time.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• about the same here
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I bled horribly with all three of my kids. But everyone is different.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• more the first time... =)
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2009